Dear Medlibbers,
I have received a request from a consumer for information on
hypocystinuria.  I have searched all the usual places: books, Taber's,
Merck, Medline, and an alta vista search.  Cannot find anything anywhere.
 The patron says she was told she could not be "put to sleep" for an
operation and also should not take birth control pills.  Her doc wants to
give her BC pills to dissolve some ovarian cysts.  She also mentioned
something about bleeding, as in excessive bleeding during surgery.
Has anyone heard of this? Please reply to me, not the list. Any help
would be appreciated.
TIA
Edna Lange, Medical Library
St. vincent's Center