ORIENTING USERS TO THE LIBRARY? WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Several of us at the Briscoe Library of The University of Texas Health =
Science Center at San Antonio would like to ask your assistance in =
collecting instructional material used by health sciences and hospital =
libraries for Student/User Orientations.  We will be collecting and =
reviewing this material for a planned revision of our library's =
orientation program.  We also plan to submit  a proposal for a DocKit on =
orientations to the Medical Library Association's Books Panel in May 1997. =
 If the proposal is approved, we would like to include materials that have =
been received through this search. The types of print and non-print =
materials that we are looking for include:
1) tour & demonstrations outlines or scripts
2) handbooks
3) self-guided tours
4) guides & maps
5) hand-outs or class materials
6) workbooks
7) printed topical guides, pathfinders
8) slide/tape programs or video programs
9) interactive multimedia
10) computer- assisted instruction
11) posters

No submission is too small! All contributions are welcome. Please submit =
materials by February 15, 1997 to: Tania Bardyn, Education Services =
Librarian, Briscoe Library, The University of Texas Health Science Center =
at San Antonio,
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78284-7940
TEL: (210) 567-2400 FAX: (210) 567-2490
email: [log in to unmask]
Many thanks for your assistance.  We will report on how much we receive.