U.S. News and World Report listed  Health Information Management careers
as  "jobs of the future." The article indicated one could become trained
in this field in specialized programs (2 year programs) or in a university
setting (4 year programs). I have been trying to find more information
about the field and its opportunities as well as places that provide
training. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I am currently a public school teacher looking for a change in careers. I
live near Shreveport, LA, so I'm looking for educational settings near
here.

Thank you.
Colleen