     I would like to get some idea of the time others invest in QA.
        -As individual Technical Directors.
        -As Lab Departments, all techs.

     How in-depth is your QA?
     -Carotid
     -Arterial pressures
     -Arterial imaging
     -Venous imaging
     -Aorta/iliac
     -Mesenteric
     -other

     My Lab volume is 300-325 per month with approx. 80 non-imaged pts.

     How many hours per month or week should I expect to put into QA?

     I do not use "reports" for correlation, but personally review films
     and although I believe this to be the best approach, it takes more
     time.

     I struggle to keep on top of QA because of the many other fires I'm
     called to attend, as well as help when I can with the pt load.  I have
     the most experience and I'm often called to help with the difficult
     pt, renal, calf veins, etc.

     The idealist in me wants all or nothing!  There's QA and there's
     QUALITY QA and I'm not willing to settle for half baked bread.

     What are you doing in your Lab with Venous QA in the absence of
     venograms?

     I could really use some help because I do not think my Administration
     has an idea of the time resource needed for QA.

     Input?  Ideas? Am I alone?

     Lonnie Collins RVT
     University of Missouri Hospital
     Columbia MO.