Someone please help Brooke.  I know somewhere out there several of us
have references.  Mine are at the office and I'm composing this from
home.  As for ABI's predicting healing potential,  I suspect you'll get
as many different answers as responses.  Terry Case will likely add
something when he gets his sun roasted tail back to the frigid Green
Mountains of VT.  This is an issue of great concern to him lately.  How
many ulcers appear on non-diabetic feet with compressible vessels?  This is,
of course, a rhetorical question.

SK

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997 [log in to unmask]
wrote:

> Please Help!  I am looking for information regarding the cuff artifact that
> is encountered when performing four cufff segemental pressure studies.  I am
> not very familar with this method (I had learned three cuff.).  I have three
> different books all giving different variations of this phenomena.
>
> I am also finding conflicting information regarding ABI's consistent with
> non-healing ulcers.  What are most vascular labs using now?
>
> Thank You
>
> Brooke

Steven J. Knight BSc. RVT
Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory
Surgery Health Care Service
Fletcher Allen Health Care
1 South Prospect Street
Burlington, VT 05401
(802) 656-8827

In alliance with the University of Vermont