I sent a message last spring to this list asking that anyone who had
utilized the needs assessment survey published in the Hospital Libraries
Section newsletter, National Network , Nov. 1994 to please contact me.  I
received about 5 responses.  I would like to ask the same question again,
in the hope that a few more libraries have utilized the survey since then.
I would also like to receive a blank copy of your survey instrument if you
modifed the survey questions in any way.  (Whether I heard from you
previously or not.)

The use of the survey by libraries in the Detroit area was highlighted at
last year's MLA Annual Mtg. at the session on Benchmarking.  I am doing
some followup work in relation to that session.  I am also preparing for
a survey at my own institution.

Any comments you have regarding use of that needs assessment would be
appreciated.  Please send comments and/or a copy of your survey
instrument via fax or email to me directly.  I will be posting summary
information regarding this topic at a later date.  Thank you.
 Debbie Rand

Debra Rand
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Health Sciences Library
270-05 76th Ave.
New Hyde Park, NY 11040
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]   fax:  718-470-6150   voice:  718-470-7070