Biomedicine and Health in the News (BHN) , produced by the Lyman Maynard
Stowe Library of the
University of Connecticut Health Center, provides quick access to the
biomedical, scientific, and
health journal literature referenced in newspaper articles appearing in the
New York Times.  Newspaper
articles that announce new research findings and refer to current or
forthcoming publication are given highest
priority.    Unpublished research reported at professional meetings is also
included.

Each newspaper article is briefly summarized and accompanied  by the
complete citation (when available) to the
 journal article.

BHN was developed at a time when there were few, if any,  medical and health
news sites on the Internet.  It
filled a need for those who wanted access to information on the most current
medical research cited in daily news
stories.  Now that there are so many news websites, we are re-evaluating
whether we want to continue this service.

If you use BHN and still find it useful,  please let me know.   If you are
not aware of BHN, try it and let me know
what you think.  Please reply directly to me via email and not to the list.
   All comments are welcome.

The URL for BHN is  http://www3.uchc.edu/~uchclib/libcat/biompage.html

Alberta L. Richetelle
Program Director, Healthnet