Our policy is that anyone in the healthcare field may use the library All
of our policies are based on user level.  We have primary users
(physicans, and anyone else that works in our institution), secondary
users (students and anyone in the healthcare field).  Primary users have
full library priveledges and secondary users may use the library and
photocopier, but may not check out materials or have the library staff do
any work for them.  In other words, they may use materials in the library,
but that is the extent of their priveledges.  It has worked well for us.

Toni Tucker