Hi medlibbers!
We are now in an IDS and one of our reorganization teams is talking
about the libraries becoming "paperless libraries" with only 1 or 2
librarians for a system of 5 hospitals. Everything on CD, including all
journals that with the press of a magical button, all articles will be
delivered electronically to all patrons and ALL journals will be on CD.

Has anyone else experienced this belief from administrators/finance
personnel?  Any words of wisdom? We are told that we are supposed to be
brainstorming - all the libraries "blew up" and if we had to start from
scratch, what would we do differently?

Please respond to me personally.  Thanks in advance!

Valerie Haas
The Union Memorial Hospital
Baltimore, MD
[log in to unmask]  or [log in to unmask]