Please post responses to the list.  I am also interested in the issue of
copyright for theses.

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Gloria Kharibian wrote:

> Our library regards a thesis as equivalent to a book and applies the relevant
> guidelines.  One of our faculty contends that since a thesis is not specifically
> mentioned in the law, he would classify it as a short story or short essay and
> can therefore copy the whole thing under the single copying for teachers
> guidelines.  Can anyone quote me "chapter and verse" on copyright guidelines
> specifically for theses?  I tried to get information from University
> Microfilms (our vendor) but they could not give me any.
>
> Please email me directly and many thanks.
>
> Gloria Kharibian, Director          phone    618/474-7277
> Biomedical Library                    fax    618/474-7270
> Southern Illinois University        email    [log in to unmask]
> School of Dental Medicine
> 2800 College Ave.
> Alton, IL 62002-4798

L. Terri Singer, M.L.S                    e-mail: [log in to unmask]
College of Public Health                  voice: 813-974-7273
University of South Florida               fax:   813-974-7271
13201 Bruce B. Downs Blvd, MDC-56
Tampa, FL 33612