	Well, the setup for the weekend was a 4-6 inch snowfall on
friday; just in time for weekend turns.  Somehow, there came to be a bit
of a crust on top, but unlike last weekend, it was paper thin and didn't
really affect the ungroomed.
	On Saturday, I caught up with Shawshank sometime between 7:30 and
8:00 and we hit the usual stashes with other folk that we knew.  The big
event came in the afternoon with a 1:00 meeting at the top of the gondi
and a hike into the swirling mists of the Chin.  Let's just say, without
the guidance of Shawshank, there would have been no way to find anything
up there in the near zero visibility.  The wind was probably gusting to 40
mph at times, but it wasn't bad for the top of a mountain and by the time
we reached the Hourglass Chute, we were protected altogether.  Hourglass
was fun, although it seemed to be over so quiclky.  I remember reaching
this one point about as wide as the length of my skis (the narrow part of
the hourglass) and four turns later we had to bang a left to make the
connection to Hellbrook.  Traversed for about 50 feet, took a quick step
up a short incline, then dropped a nice little section into the low point
between the Adam's Apple And the Chin (so I was told; still socked in).
After a bit more of a traverse, we found ourselves at the top of
Hellbrook.  I thought that it was going to be a singletrack adventure down
into the Notch; wrong there.  As it turns out (at least at this time of
year) it is much like an interconnected patchwork of trails, snowfields,
and gullies which gradually narrows into a single gully towards the end.
Actually, a lot of it reminded me of the gullies at Alta or Snowbird,
except that it was a lot longer and there were hardwoods about.  One could
take this thing 20 times and still not know the whole maze; fun
exploration.  A word of caution:  there were numerous spots where a wrong
turn would mean a big drop or other hazards that could ruin your run so
take it easy.  Shawshank lost his goggles in a little open water spot and
before anyone knew what was up, they were down the brook and under the
snow.  Damn.  We finally wound up on rt 108 for a mostly (one bit of uphill)
downhill traverse back to the Gondola and nearly 3000' of vertical in one
run.  By the time we got back to the quad it was about 3:30 but we were
kapoot.  I stopped in at the Stowehof where my friend Chris was staying.
A real quaint place with great views.  I think that the bar and restaurant
are open to the public, but just walking around in there is a lot of fun.

	On Sunday, it was off to Sugarbush.  The woods were about the same
as Stowe and the bumps were pretty nice with some patches of ice about.
To liven up the day, Dave and I hit the Church Cliffs and the associated
snowfield.  Great views and soft snow baked by the sun.  We had to park in
the upper lot near the condos; this was the first time that I had ever
parked here in probably 200 visits.  It seems like they're doing pretty
well this March; maybe all the adverts are worth it.

						J. Spin