At 08:13 PM 3/13/97 -0600, you wrote:
>My name is Mary Lopez, and I am a graduate student in Library and
Information Science at Rosary College in River Forest, Illinois.  I am
conducting a survey of medical libraries as part of a research assignment.
Please take a few minutes to fill out the attached survey and return it to
me by April 7, 1997 at [log in to unmask] or mail it to me C/O Lopez &
Associates 1718 South Ashland Avenue Chicago,IL 60608.
>All replies will be kept strictly confidential.  Thank you for your time
and assistance.

>The Questions
>Name: Kathy Tacke                                  Title:Library
manager/telecommunications coordinator
>Library:Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County - Medical Library
Telephone
>State: WY                                         Email [log in to unmask]
>
>Instructions: Please check all appropiate answers for each question.  Check
*other* if the responses provided are not appropiate.  Responses are
strictly confidential; your responses will never be identified with your
name or institution without your written permission.
> [...]
it what were the reasons?
>(You may select more than one answer)
>
>A.  Too costly x
>B.  Too time consuming
>C.  Not enough or proper equiptment
>D.  Little confidence in resources available
>E.  Other, please specifiy - doctors particularly want to have the hard
copy in hand!

>4.  Does your library subscribe to the print version of the e-journals in
your library?

>A.  Yes
>B.   No
>C.   Only some of them
>

>5.  How do your clients access the e-journals?  (You may select more than
one answer.)

>A. Gopher to remote sites
>B. Insititution*s gopher
>C. On the OPAC
>D. Public teminals with Internet or Bitnet accounts
>E. Available only to patrons with Internet or Bitnet accounts
>F.  Download to diskette
>
>6.  Have you established an Internet or Bitnet account specifically for
receiving e-journals ?

>A. Yes
>B. No
>
>7.  Who downloads issues of e-journals from Internet or Bitnet for clients*
access?

>A.  Acquisitions staff
>B.  Serials staff
>C.  Reference librarian(s)
>D.  Electronic resources librarian(s)
>E.  Institutional computing staff member(s)
>F.  Consultant
>G. Other, please specify
>
>8.  Who is trained to access the Intenet or Bitnet accounts?
>
>A.  Acquisitions staff
>B.  Serials staff
>C.  Access services staff
>D.  Reference staff
>E. Other, please specify
>
>9 How often is the Internet or Bitnet account checked for new issues?
>
>A. Daily
>B. Weekly
>C. Monthly
>D. Other, please specify
>
>10.  Do you have archives of the electronic journals?
>
>A. Yes, go to question 11
>B. No
>C. Only for some titles
>
>11.  How do you keep your archives of your electronic resources?
>
>A.  Have print copy from publisher in our collection
>B.  Save issues on diskette
>C.  Save on magnetic tape or like resource
>D.  We have an electronic file in the library
>E.   Other, please specify
>
>12.  Policy
>
>       Does your collection development policy explicitly state its
position on electronic
>journals?
>
>A.  Yes, go to question 13
>B.   No, go to question 14
>C.   Electronic resources are not considered separately but are considered
to be part of our resources

>13.  Our collection development policy includes:
>(You may select more than one)
>A.  A no-duplication of resources statement that prohibits us form
collecting the print and electronic  version of the same journal.
>B.  Monetary allocation for e-journals
>C.  Other, please specify
>
>14.  How are users trained in the use of e-journals?
>
>A. We do not train in this area
>B. Part of bibliographic instruction session
>C. Individually, by client*s request
>D.  Computer assisted instruction
>E.   Other, please specify
>
>15.  If your resources are accesible though a gopher please state your
library*s URL.

>16. How have electronic journals impacted the workload of your library staff?
>
>17.  Describe any apparent limitations you have encountered with e-journals.
>
>18.  How have your clients adapted to the use of e-journals?
>
>OPTIONAL: PLEASE ATTACH COPIES OF POLICIES RELATING TO THE COLLECTION OF
E-JOURNALS.

Kathy Tacke
Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County
1200 College Dr.