          YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND

     Canadian Health Libraries Association Conference/
     Association des Bibliotheques de la Sante du Canada

     21st Annual Conference

     May 28  - June 1, 1997

     University of British Columbia
     Vancouver, BC, CANADA

     Theme:   "Drawing Closer  -- Reaching Further"

     Keynote speakers: Dr. Robert Evans, internationally recognized health
                           economist, UBC
                       Dr. Anne Crichton, Professor Emerita, UBC,
                           expert on the Canadian health care system

     For details visit our newly revised web site at:

     http://www.library.ubc.ca/life/chla97/

     The conference follows immediately after the Medical Library
     Association 1997 annual meeting in Seattle, just to the south
     of Vancouver.

     Copies of the preliminary programme were sent out last week!

     If you would like to receive a copy of the programme, please contact:

     Carol MacFarlane
     Registered Nurses Association of B.C. Library
     Tel: (604) 736-7331 local 119
     Fax: (604) 738-2272
     E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

     Note:   Air Canada is the official airline of the conference. Quote
             the event number CV970089.  For each 30
             attendees that book with Air Canada, we will be eligible for
             a free ticket to be drawn at the conference.
             EXHIBITORS ARE ALSO ELIGIBLE FOR THE CONFERENCE RATES,
             plus 25% off cargo services!!