Hi Karen....

I would suggest a subscription to my newsletter Marketing Treasures. :-)
It's filled with original library promotion ideas and comes with library
clip art too.

We are currently in the process of updating our web site. I don't think the
following summary of issues is up yet, but you are welcome to browse what I
have here.

Chris Olson, M.L.S., M.A.S.
Chris Olson & Associates
Library Marketing Consultants
http://www.chrisolson.com
410/647-6708
410/647-0415 fax

Marketing Treasures

> [...]

>Pearls of Wisdom
>Our regular feature column with short descriptions of handy
>promotion resources. Custom report binders, promotional
>mousepads, and web site artwork are just a few of our pearls this
>month.
>
>Inside Treasure
>Hitch your Wagon to a Star. Tie your marketing effort to a
>recognized brand name - and people will pay attention. Using
>established, respected brands increases your credibility, and we
>give you the strategies for making the most of the brand name
>link.
>
>Worth its Weight in Gold
>National Library Week is coming soon. Why send a routine
>invitation when you can entice your clients with a novel,
>colorful, and memorable message? Here are some ideas to get you started.
>
>Promotion Gems
>Food is always a good attraction for library events. We review some
>luscious food gifts and party fare, from fresh fruit, through regional
>specialties, to
>sugarless treats.
>
>Sparkling Reviews
>Strategic Management for Public Libraries: A Handbook. By Robert
>M. Hayes & Virginia A. Walter, Greenwood Press, 1996.
>
>Treasure Tips
>Selecting the right paper can be a headache. Here's a quick guide
>to paper types, weights, fibers, brightness and finishes. Choose
>the best paper for the project at hand.
>

>November/December 1996 (Volume 10 Number 2)
>
>Cover Article
>The End Users are Coming--And You're More Important than Ever.
>You'll be surprised to discover how much librarians are needed to
>back up end user searchers. We talked with Cindy Hill at
>SunMicrosystems and found out that her job has become busier and
>more interesting with the advent of end-user searching.
>
>Pearls of Wisdom
>Our regular feature column with short descriptions of handy
>promotion resources. Ideas for holiday gifts and holiday
>entertainment help you at this important time of the year. Are
>you raising your fees? We offer some suggestions to make the
>price hike easy to swallow.
>
>Worth its Weight in Gold
>This issue of Marketing Treasures includes original library clip art. Our
>holiday clip art collection features images for seasonal
>newsletters, invitations, memos and nametags - and we have a
>bonus library stamp.
>
>Promotion Gems
>Web sites are all the rage and we offer hints on designing a
>memorable, informative and easy-to-use site.
>
>Sparkling Reviews
>101 Ways to Captivate a Business Audience - a gem of a book on
>presentations. By Sue Gaulke, AMACOM, 1997.
>
>Treasure Tips
>Dressing up your publications with holiday accents adds color and
>light to gloomy winter days. Hints on keeping your printed
>products easy to read benefit your customers who are getting into

If you would like more information about Marketing Treasures or a sample
issue, you can contact us at (410) 647-6708, by fax at (410) 647-0415, or
by email via [log in to unmask]

Chris Olson
Chris Olson & Associates
Publisher
Marketing Treasures
The newsletter with promotion ideas and clip art for librarians.
http://www.chrisolson.com/marketingtreasures.html