On Tue, 24 Jun 1997 [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Did I miss the piece of mail that announced the
> end of the Vermont ski season?

I was up there on Saturday snowboarding and enjoying the chance to play
in the snow...   I got in seven runs between 12:30 and 4..  (about 20-30
mins per run)
You had to walk down over the headway to get to the snow and then board
down the short section of snow that ended at about lift tower 12..
Then Hike down to about tower 10, strap back in, continue down to bottem
where the snow ended again, and then hike to the lift.
By the end of the day, two other narrow section got very bad and got very
hard navagating (trying to find any snow through those sections).

as the day went on, more and more people where skiing the grass and ROCKS
between towers 12 and 10.  hay what else are rock skies for:-)
watched a telemarker almost do a face plant in the grass near tower 11..
I didn't bother trying it with the board as I wasn't wearing my helment that
day (but while hiking on the grass, I was In need of one.. :-)

I had my green plaid but didn't see anyothers with it..

Gil