After all the recent hot weather I couldn't resist sending this to the
list.
Sam has been in the computer business for 25 years and is finally
sick of the stress. He quits his job and buys 50 acres of land in
Vermont as far from humanity as possible. Sam sees the postman
once a week and gets groceries once a month. Otherwise it's total
peace and quiet. After six months or so of almost total isolation,
he's finishing dinner when someone knocks on his door. He opens it
and there's a big, bearded Vermonter standing there.

"Names Enoch... Your neighbor from four miles over the ridge...
Havin a party Saturday... thought you'd like to come."

"Great," says Sam, "after six months of this I'm ready to meet some
local folks. Thank you."

As Enoch is leaving he stops. "Gotta warn you there's gonna be
some drinkin."

"Not a problem...after 25 years in the computer business, I can do
that with the best of them."

Again, as he starts to leave Enoch stops. "More 'n' likely gonna be
some fightin, too."

Damn, Sam thinks...tough crowd. "Well, I get along with people. I'll
be there. Thanks again."

Once again Enoch turns from the door. "I've seen some wild sex at
these parties, too."

"Now that is not a problem" says Sam "Remember I've been alone
for six months. I'll definitely be there!..... ....By the way, what
should I wear to the party?"

Enoch stops in the door again and says "Whatever you want, it's
just gonna be the two of us."