I would be flabbergasted if Killington still has any snow left by the 4th.
Last Tuesday (the 17th)  there was already quite a bit of walking required
to get to and from the snow.  You had to walk down the headwall about 40
feet to get to the snow and from there you could ski just past the bottom
of the headwall before the first break in the snow.  A week ago this break
was about 30 to 40 yards.  Once on the second section of snow there wasn't
another break until the middle of the lower steep section where you had to
walk about 40 feet to get to the last section of snow.  After my first run
I didn't even bother taking the skis off... isn't that what rock skis are
made for anyway?  It was pretty funny seeing all the cars from Florida and
tour buses full of gawkers coming up the access road just to look at people
skiing in June.  I must admit, the mtn. biking was much better than the
skiing at K that day.

Just think... the days are already getting shorter... winter must be on its
way...

Peter M.

----------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Vermont Skiing 101...
> Date: Monday, June 16, 1997 3:59 PM
>
> >> Rumor has Killington....may try for the 4th of July.
> <<
>   They've announced that June 22 is it for this year - if possible; right
>   now it's walk-on, walk-off, and walk down the headwall to the snow and
>   there's a break between tower 3 & 4 that is most of the way across the
>   trail. Their record is June 21, so they'd at least like to tie that.
They