--- [log in to unmask] wrote:
 I confer with above scanning of IMA; however, I highly recommend also
obtaining velocities in subclavian arteries, bilaterally.If these are
stenotic and then used for bypass, patient may still experience chest pain
after surgery or during exercise.
  Kellee Scott
  UVM-Vascular lab
--- end of quoted material ---
Tina Nack wrote:
2.  It is important to rule out significant disease in the ipsilateral
Subclavian artery (bilats SBP's images, of proximal segments of sub
arteries where possible with duplex).
--- end of quoted material ---

I am a bit concerned about our abililty to rule out subclavian disease by
duplex alone.  Do you think bilateral brachial pressures should also be a must
for IMA evaluation?

Joe Zaweski
DHMC