Dear Koba,

Although I haven't worked specifically with stored nitrogen samples, I have
used several gas-storage methods which may be of some help.

For years, I've used Wheaton's glass serum vials capped with the gray
teflon-faced septa and sealed with crimped aluminum tear-off caps (you can
pull the middle of the cap off for a sample port without compromising the
seal). They seem to provide a more reliable seal than the rubber stoppers
(which sometimes leak). Also, you may want to check into "Vacutainers"
which seem to hold gases quite well, are durable and inexpensive.

As a BIG caution for you, they are shipped with a couple hundred Torr of
nitrogen in them....you will have to evacuate them. As far as degassing of
the stopper, it was not a problem for CO2, but others in ISOGEOCHEM may
have advice for nitrogen?

Hope this helps,
Bill

William P. Patterson
Syracuse University
Department of Earth Sciences
208 Heroy Geology Laboratory
Syracuse, NY 13244-1070
Phone: 315-443-3869
FAX: 315-443-3363
http://www-hl.syr.edu/depts/gol/bill.html

Inside a dog, it's too dark too read. -Groucho Marx