Mahalo (thanks) Neil for flagging "a technological myopia afflicting
much of the community networking movement."

Doubly distressing, this observation on such a talent-laden list...

I'm one who has opted out of the dialogue, tiring of intellectual laziness...

To see our friend from Oregon contemplate screening out an unusually
thoughtful correspondent because he took the time for detailed response is
frankly embarassing...

Noone here will have noticed, but I removed my contribution to the biz model
discussion on TCFN after a deafening silence punctuated only by a few
painfully naive retorts...

Bob Maslyn has provided a small glimmer of hope here with his unreasonably
reasonable prodding.  His respondents remind me of the drunk who looks for his
keys under the street light...  because the light is better, though he knows the
keys are somewhere else...

Yet, one cannot mandate robust engagement with vexing, unresolved issues...
(Right, Vigdor?)

And, yes, I too find much more engagement off-list...

So, get ready for a big HO-HUM when AFCN finally gets its half-baked,
vanilla-flavored act together...

Meanwhile, see that shadow racing across the planet?  That's the
window-of-opportunity closing on CN's collective capacity to shape tech policy
and push tech evolution toward citizen/community empowerment.

`Auwe (Alas)!  Mourn for the CN pioneers, on whose laurels we languish...

Ken Stokes
--
Ho`okipa Network of Hawaiian CBO's
<http://www.hawaiian.net/~cbokauai>