Of course you can!!

This problem solution brings back memories.

In 1985 I was searching MEDLINE with an Apple IIe, saving the results
to a textfile, then editing and printing out searches with Applewriter.
One of our Active Physicians lived twenty miles away, but also had an
Apple IIe and the same modem communication software I had. He would
call me and ask for a search.  I would call him after I was finished
and had the text file on disk (floppy disk then, of course.) Then
he would put his Apple IIe in host mode with the com package, I'd
dial his number and use the com package to send him the file. He'd
open the file in his word processor and print it out. We didn't have
email yet (actually we did that later through CompuServe) but it
worked.

Michelynn McKnight, Health Sciences Library
Norman Regional Hospital, Norman, Oklahooma
oops -- Oklahoma