How about castrati and wet nurses?

Not to mention milkmen and Fuller brush men, and others who sold
door-to-door.

And all those recyclers of previous times: renderers, tinkers,
rag-and-bone collectors and night soil collectors.

Not to mention older technology: horologists, hourglass makers, chariot
and crossbow makers.

And people who were replaced by machines or corporations: milliners,
millers, lacemakers, photograph tinters.