At 02:59 PM 10/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>We, here in Maine, used to have a man who came in a truck on Fridays and
>sold us lobster and chowder fish.
>I wish he still did.

Here in the Carolinas (and I'm 2 1/2 hours from the coast), we often see
people who sell seafood (usually shrimp) from the back of a (parked)
truck.  When I lived in the Washington, DC, area, ten years ago,
occasionally I'd see people selling barbecue from a parked truck.

Also, (mostly) during the summer, in this rural area, people selling
produce (usually watermelons --- this is a watermelon area)
from their parked trucks.

Elizabeth Whitaker
computer columnist, THE BETHUNE PAW PRINT
http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~elwhitaker