Elena, Thank you for your response to my query.  I did suggest at some
point in the interview process that I could login from home once or twice,
on the days that I'm not in (I live 50 minutes away from the hospital) to
field queries, and if something rush comes up, do a search from home and
e-mail a response.  I can do that with the academic library position I'm
now in, though I never need to.  The hospital people weren't sure this
would be possible, although they assured me that "most" of their doctors
were online.  Their medline access is online - wouldn't this be possible?

Anyways, it's all theoretical at this point.

Thanks again, Elena.

Janice in Lennoxville, Quebec