On a more optimistic note, wouldn't it be great if we could influence
the producers of such shows in a positive way to incorporate our
function into the plot lines?  We know what we do, hopefully doctors and
nurses know what we do, but our function may be transparent to those not
in the medical community.

What a tremendous opportunity we have to influence the media prior to
our 100th anniversary - why not take advantage of it?  MLA or NLM should
be in contact with the producers of such shows.  Mabye we need a "press
agent"!!

Just a thought (and not original at that!)

Jana C. Allcock, M.L.S., A.H.I.P.
Coordinator for Access to Electronic Information Systems
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Library
4301 West Markham Street, Slot 586
Little Rock,  AR  72205
501/296-1487