Glenn,

Your musings do raise some questions about binding practices... Are you
aware that binderies DO offer custom binding by taking out ads before
the volume is bound?  I don't know HOW they manage to do this, but I
worked in a library where this was done.  I really don't know if this is
cost/space effective or not.  We stopped binding all but a few titles in
our collection two years ago, and although its saved big bucks as far as
the budget is concerned, the loose issues are more easily lost.

Paul

Paul Blobaum, Medical Librarian        ph. 815-740-1234 x7477
Silver Cross Hospital
Joliet, IL  60432