>"Your musings do raise some questions about binding practices... Are you
>aware that binderies DO offer custom binding by taking out ads before
>the volume is bound?  "
>Paul

For another spin on removing ads -- Years ago I worked for a
pharmaceutical company in their R&D library.  Occasionally, Marketing
staff would stop by to look at old ads to see how another company had
promoted a particular drug when it was released.  I guess it's all
information of a type.  Keep it in mind if you're in a special library.

It was also great fun to look at old ads -- one I remember for
tranquilizers showed a woman sitting in an office, morphing into a
chair, and the ad copy above asked "Is she turning into a fixture in
your waiting room?"  Well, I guess that was one way to get rid of her.

Janice

Janice Swiatek
Director, Information Resource Center
Leukemia Society of America