At 10:35 PM 12/10/97 +0530, helplib wrote:
>Of course we have permission ! I can't imaging how anyone
>would publish anything without asking the
>author and publisher of the print version for their
>permission first ! ( I thought this was
>simple common sense.)

Dr. Malpani, don't be too rough on Michelynn--you would be absolutely
amazed if you knew the number of well-educated professional people, some of
them published authors themselves (!) who think it is perfectly fine to put
anything and everything copyrighted into electronic format and disseminate
it to the world.

I blame this on the Web--but then I made a decision several months ago to
blame EVERYTHING on the Web--the stock market, the weather, my haircut; why
not? It's the thing to do!!
Catherine Arnott Smith, MA, MILS
Predoctoral Research Fellow, Center for Biomedical Informatics
University of Pittsburgh
Suite 8084 Forbes Tower, 200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA  15213-2582

(412) 647-7275 work***(412) 521-4117 home
but email is best: [log in to unmask]
Count not the authorities, but weigh their truth. *
        --St. Thomas Aquinas                      *