I use cants under my bindings, I want the center of my knee to be over my big
toe when I'm standing on a flat, level floor in a skiing type position, most
males need to cant high side outside, and women usually need cants on the
inside, cants allow you to place the ski on the snow-on edge, and be in
balance, not place it on snow,then put it on edge.
So if you had cants it would be obvious which ski went where, but with no
reference point, just look at the bottom of the skis, the inside edges will be
a little more worn(SCRATCHED), the inside edge will have worn the p-tex
differently, if your skis aren't set up differently for each leg, it won't
make
any difference which ski goes where.

                      If you didn't carve your last turn,
                      don't bother carving the next one.