<< Next door at SB, I was talking to a patroller at North on Saturday - she
had
 her clippers out. SB also has a clearly stated policy in which they've
decided
 that the woods are too unsafe for either skiing or for the patrol to go in
and
 haul out a broken or punctured carcass. >>

We have skied some woods runs at SB since the storm. I am amazed at the lack
of damage when compared to MRG. If you stay high on the mountain or low, there
are few downed trees. Poop Chute, Rock and Rumble, The Church and Bear are all
in very good shape. The snow this weekend was heavy enough to make it tough,
but not many trees down. Epsteins, Domino and Hueys are all lower and in the
damage zone. Many downed trees and branches. Probably won't be able to clear
them out until next summer as I don't think SB has them on the maintenance
list.  ;-)
We hiked most of them to have a look before we tried to ski them. I suggest
anyone heading into the woods do the same.
Frank