       I said Ski Patrollers suck the other day because I was pissed off at a
few PA ski patrollers.  I was stereotyping all ski patrollers.  The Ski
Patrollers here in PA have much different jobs than the one's in Vermont.
They do it mainly so their family get's a free pass.  They basically just ski
with their other patrollers all day and yell at people doing things like
jumping, skiing fast, or riding the lift with the bar up.  Most injuries are
minor and they don't have to search the woods because the woods are rarely
skiable and most of them are not good enough skiers to ski tight trees.  I
have never been stopped by a Vermont ski patroller for reckless skiing because
they don't care if you jump or go fast and they rarely stop you for skiing
closed runs and the one time I was stopped at Sugarbush the Ski Patroller
really didn't care.  I didn't even know the ski patrol was responsible for
people skiing out of bounds, I thought woods are not patrolled and skier's are
at their own risk.  Vermont Ski Patrollers deserve respect because they spend
their valuable skiing time sitting in the patrol shack, marking hazards and
searching for missing people.  I could never be a ski patroller because when I
am at a ski area I want to ski.  I hate waiting for a friend getting rentals
and skiing with people that spend 10 minutes putting their boots on while the
powder is getting tracked up.  Do you ski patrollers ever get a tip from the
rescued party?  Happy skiing, in about 2 hours I will be driving up to icy
Vermont and hopefully it will warm up so the skiing is better.  If it is solid
ice I don't care because that it what I am used to skiing.

Doug