From:   Glenn Ferdman[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Tuesday, January 20, 1998 6:18 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Chat:  It's a girl!

To all my medlib-l friends and colleagues:  Tehilla Rachel Ferdman was born last Thursday morning, weighing 7lbs 4oz.  Mother and baby are doing fine.  Dad could use a little more sleep, though.  ;)

An "interesting" managed care aside:  we were "entitled" to one home care nurses visit, BUT since our pediatrician didn't have admitting privileges where my wife gave birth, a colleague of his examined the baby at the hospital.  The examining doctor refused to ok the referral for the home care visit, since he's not affiliated with our HMO, and our pediatrician refused on the grounds that he hadn't yet examined the baby!!  But, why was I not surprised?

Glenn Ferdman, MLS
Team Leader, Academic Information Management
Children's Memorial Hospital
2300 Children's Plaza, Box 12, Chicago, IL 60614
(773)880-4244,  (773)880-3833 (fax), [log in to unmask] (email)