> This means that we not only had to go
> through the announcement (which wasn't that bad) but we also had to go
> through all the congrats (which was totally unwanted)!

Actually, I sent my comments directly to Gillian, as she requested, but,
since there's an open discussion, I just have to reiterate:

We don't have to "go through" postings we don't want to read.  Just skip
them and delete them all at once.  My experience is that I save maybe 3
or 4 postings each day, and read only about 20% of them.  When I'm finished,
it's not problem for me to just type "Del 1-100," and exit my email.

As far as I'm concerned, people should not feel intimidated about
contributing to the list.  We may be library staff of various colours
but we are also people who work in libraries.  I'm for retaining some of
this human element.

Gord Lindsay, ILL Clerk, and      Internet: [log in to unmask]
Poet-In-Residence,                FAX: (416) 586-4998
Sidney Liswood Library,           Phone: (416) 586-4614
Mount Sinai Hospital              Carrier Pigeon, Starship, Plane:
600 University Ave.,              Latitude 43 39N, Longitude 79 20W
Toronto, Ont., M5G 1X5
CANADA                            Or, just whistle and I'll find you.