Sorry to post to list under the title "CHAT", since this is not light and
chatty news, but....

I just found out that Claire (Library Director of Baton Rouge General
Hospital Medical Library) was injured a couple of days ago when a would-be
robber shot her at pointblank range as she drove to the window of  a
drive-through pizza establishment. The latest news I got was that she will
be ok, though the bullet went through her neck muscles, etc..., and her foot
on the accelerator took the car off across the street to crash into a
pole... She is very fortunate to be alive today. I'll be glad to answer any
further questions as best I can. Contact me at [log in to unmask]
please with any questions.

Margaret

Margaret Verzwyvelt                     (504)649-8557
Slidell Memorial Hospital               (504)649-8657 (fax)
1001 Gause Blvd.                        [log in to unmask]
Slidell, LA 70458