On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Gillian Goldsmith wrote:

> MEDLIB-L IS: an electronic discussion list for medical/ health sciences
> librarians/information professionals. This forum focuses on ideas,
> questions, announcements and concerns specific to health sciences
> libraries.

Our workplaces are for professional purposes too but that never stops a
little personal conversation from taking place around the water cooler or
between cubicles.  People are social creatures.  I for one found the birth
announcement delightful!

Val

Valerie Lawrence, MLS    <[log in to unmask]>
Planetree Health Library
Highline Community Hospital Health Care Network
16251 Sylvester Road SW, Burien, WA  98166-3052  USA
Voice 206/244-4052; Fax 206/244-4674
Library URL:  http://www.halcyon.com/hchnet/library.htm