Gillian,

        I agree with you completely.  Personal conversation should stay off the
list.  Don't we have our own email accounts for this purpose?  MEDLIB-L is
often so full of trivia unrelated to the profession that it is very
difficult to subscribe to other listservs (you could spend so much time
deleting!)  Also, the volume and trivia is the reason we have the drop
outs.  If a Chat-line for medical librarians is desired, then fine, someone
should start one.

At 01:09 PM 1/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Once again, please note the purpose of MEDLIB-L
>
>MEDLIB-L IS: an electronic discussion list for medical/ health sciences
>librarians/information professionals. This forum focuses on ideas,
>questions, announcements and concerns specific to health sciences
>libraries.
>
>You must find another way to disseminate personal or off topic
>information.  Thank you.
>
>Gillian Goldsmith                      MEDLIB-L Coordinator
>Cushing/Whitney Medical Library          [log in to unmask]
>Yale University School of Medicine             203.737.2960
>
>MEDLIB-L Guidelines: http://www.med.yale.edu/library/medlib/

Marlene B. Smith, MLS
University of Missouri-Kansas City
School of Medicine