Regarding Mike K.'s opinion, and Gord L.'s response, I agree with Gord
re: doctors, time, constraints, etc.  Some of our patrons do search
themsleves, but always come to us when things get our of hand (scanning
1000 refereances, even on line, in ridiculous at best, when what one
comes up with is exactly 2 articles...This happend here last week).  I
will not mind getting ILL request via Docline from our people, but are
not ready or able to open ourselves up to the world (currently we are not
Lonsome Doc participants, and do charge for direct faxing to other than
our own users, when the Docline request asks for "fax to" "bill to" - we do
not charge other libraries for library to library service).

We all have
our reality and a lot is theoretically possible - sometimes also
technologically possible but only IF one has the technology and the
means.  I always have "future plans" just in case someone is ready to
cooperate, but it does not happen often.

Dalia Kleinmuntz
Webster Library Evanston Hospital
2650 Ridge Ave.
Evanston IL 60201
[log in to unmask]            (847) 570-2665        FAX: (847) 570-2926

"The secret of caring for the patient is caring for the patient"
                                                       - Sir William Osler