As someone who lives in Center City Philadelphia (and who hopes that all
MLA members have a wonderful time while they're here), I hope I can clear
up this misunderstanding.

The Marriot is a very short block from the Convention Center (and you can
get from there to the Conv Center without ever going outside, and since it
was built since ADA, it's all handicapped-accessible). It's a very large
hotel (1198 rooms). A number of conferences have been held there since its
completion 3 years ago.

3 blocks away from the Marriot in one direction is the Clarion Suites (in
Chinatown, if you like good eating); 3 blocks in another is the
Holiday Inn-Express. Across from it is the Abigail Adams Bed and
Breakfast. 2 1/2 blocks further is the Bellevue, and a block more the
Doubletree, adding up to over 2000 rooms within 7 blocks of the Marriott
(and within 8 blocks of the Convention Center).

Hope you all have a very pleasant time in Philadelphia!

  Mignon Adams
  Director of Library Services and Information Technology
  Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science              Voice: 215-596-8791
  600 S. 43rd St.                                             Fax: 215-596-8760
  Philadelphia, PA 19104                        Internet: [log in to unmask]