I have received three calls today on a topic that was discussed on Ophra
within the last few days.  It seems that there is a testosterone cream
that can be applied to the thighs to increase a persons libido or sex
drive.

I found some references in newspapers, but not a lot in the medical
literature.  I found references in MEDLINE on a transdermal patch of
testosterone, but the physician is looking for information on a cream
that is applied directly the skin.

I think it may be a product from Novavax Inc., which is currently in
trials with such a product, according to a newspaper article from last
April.

Has anyone else had questions like this, or perhaps saw the Ophra show
and can shed some light on the subject.

Thanks

Dennis
Dennis Ritchey
Assistant Medical Librarian
Kaiser Permanente - CA Division, So. Cal
Drug Information Services Library
9521 Dalen Street; Downey, CA  90242-4894
(562) 401-2438 (voice) Tie Line (345)
(562) 401-2550 (fax)     Tie Line (345)
[log in to unmask] (E-Mail)

Visit the Drug Information Services Intranet site at
http://di.dwny.kpscal.org
(This is an IntraNet site available within Kaiser Permanente only)