The Pubmed "error" that Cheri Smith commented on raises a question
that has been bothering me for some time. Maybe somebody from NLM
can answer it. I signed up for Pubmed training several months ago
assuming that what I would be learning would be the segment that
would be reserved for trained searchers and allow for command
searching, but at least for now it seems that one search engine
will be used by everybody including the public. If I, a trained
searcher, needs to "learn" the system why would it be considered
suitable for a public that has no training ? Anybody got any clues
?

Miriam R. Geller, Librarian
Wm. B. Stem Memorial Library
Children's Hospital, Boston 02115