Good question, Shirley...

Last time we had JCAHO coming we did a mock survey first, and the mock
administrator told me I didn't work in the Medical Library, but in the
Resource Center. He insisted that I remember this for when the real visit
came...

When it did, I introduced myself as the medical Librarian from the Resource
Center, and the surveyor looked me straight in the eye and said "This is a
Medical Library, and you don't have to call it anything else" So just what
IS the latest buzzword for our little kingdoms?

Margaret

At 01:08 PM 4/6/98 -0700, you wrote:
>We are being surveyed at the end of the month. The site tour for the first
>day has "Resource Center" listed . Has anyone had experience with exactly
>what this means?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Shirley L. Maccabee, M.L.S.
>Librarian
>Mt. Diablo Medical Center
>2540 East St., P.O. Box 4110
>Concord CA 94524-4110
>
>510-674-2296(v)
>510-674-2357(f)

Margaret Verzwyvelt                     (504)649-8557
Slidell Memorial Hospital               (504)649-8657 (fax)
1001 Gause Blvd.                        [log in to unmask]
Slidell, LA 70458