Well, we got lots of suggestions and I wanted to thank everyone who
responded.  We had 5 girls, we talked a bit about libraries and
information, and we showed them PubMed and had them do searches on topics
of interest to them.  Them we took them into the stacks and showed them
how to find the actual articles.  For anyone who ever does anything like
this, the most popular topic was medicinal leeches.  I also gave them a
handout with some of the really neat kid related science and medicine
sites on the web.  All in all, the experience was good enough that we're
alreayd figuring we'll do next year.

Kathy Kimber
Health Sciences Library
California Pacific Medical Center