On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Beetnik wrote:

> .... of Belvedere Mt. As far as I know it's still in operation and is
> the largest producer of asbestos in the U.S (2nd in the world). I've often
> wondered if it's skiable.. I guess it is. Hopefully the snow keeps those
> fibers down...

...yes.  one of my colleagues who specializes in occupational and
environmental medicine was down in Ecuador, and took a great photo of bags
of asbestos labeled MADE IN VERMONT, USA

Vermont, land of healthy living, great skiing, Cabot Cheese, Ben and
Jerry's ice cream, maple syrup, and asbestos for developing countries!!

jr