> One place I haven't seen mentioned is Sun Valley, Idaho.  Sun Valley is
> on the very top of my list of places to go skiing.  Anybody been there?

Been there too.  No plans to go back.  Admittedly, it was a bad snow
year for them (and the good years don't stack up to most places out
west - there's a reason it's *Sun* Valley).  The marked trails aren't
particulary steep, and they seemed to have a very constant pitch.  I
prefer trails with knobs, rolls, drops, double fall lines, etc.  If
you're looking for lots of big vertical cruising, it's good.  If you're
looking for steeps and more of an MRG-out-west kind of place, forget it.
It's pretty glitzy, too.

For not-so-challenging stuff out west I'd head to Steamboat, even though
it's ASC.

-eric