     And if temperatures do rise, what are we going to be skiing on 30 or
     40 years from now? Will it be some heretofore unimagined technology,
     like semi-artificial snow that doesn't melt?

              The temperatures are not going to rise enough in the next 30-40
years to affect skiing.  The temperature may rise 1-2 degrees celcius in the
next century but there is not solid eveidence to back that up.  In mountain
locations more snowfall typically falls during milder winters.  I am not
personally concerned about glabal warming and I certantly do not want to start
driving an electric car.  If the world comes to an end due to global warming
in a few hundred or several million years I don't really care.  As long as
there is snow to ski on somewhere in the world 365 days a year I am happy.  I
am not going to ski inn South America tomorrow but its good to know AI could
if I really wanted to.

Doug