     Can any of you meteorology types tell whether the sudden pool of cold
     air has anything to do with the receding of El Nino? I recall that
     snow flurries in Vermont in June is not unheard of. Years ago (when I
     was a collegian) there was a touch of snow in Middlebury on June 1st.
     (In the late 70s, there was some wet snow in New York City on a May
     7th, and simultaneously a really big dump of wet snow not too far
     upstate). Does today's cold bode well for next fall/winter/spring? Or
     is it impossible to tell?