First Off-Season Volunteer Day at MRG and yours truly broke out his
K-Mart (that's the Jacklyn Smith/Kathy Ireland K-Mart, not the Les rOtten
one) loppers.  Dave Higgins was there;  Josh had to go to an Executive Board
meeting.
        The whole crew of us loaded onto the Single and hopped off at the
Midstation.  We headed over to the top of Birdland to clear out the ice storm
damage.  The work was hard and tedious.
        Things livened up when we headed downhill and cleared out some of
the exciting tree bands damaged in the storm.  It seemed as though the longer
we worked, the more vigorously we cleared out the damage.  We cleared out
the Ice Palace (I'm not telling where it is; show up on Volunteer Days and
you'll find out).  A great debate raged at the bottom as to whether or not
we should lop off a sapling.  "Get rid of it, 'cuz if I ever manage to
actually make it this far down this, I don't wanna' hook this cuz' I know I
just will" argued Irma Heeter.  "Off with it's head" I shouted as I clipped
the obstructing tree.
        At the days end, we swilled a few reebs, traded war stories about
times we got caught in the woods this season or ran into poaching patrollers,
and talked eagerly about cutting some new lines we want to cut or reclaim
from the Ice Storm.  Hmmm, it looks like there ain't gonna' be enough
Volunteer Days to accomodate all of the enthusiasm.

Mark
MRG Shareholder