----------
From:   Fred Remus[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Reply To:       Medical Libraries Discussion List
Sent:   Tuesday, July 21, 1998 7:02 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        HOAX ! - Little Girl with Cancer

Hi All,

Just received what I felt was a rather transparent hoax via email.  Sadly,
an awful lot of people seem to take it seriously.

The message is a chain letter and states that, for each person you forward
it to, the American Cancer Society will donate three cents to save a dying
little girl.  It's a real tear-jerker. It's also completely bogus. (I've
verified this on the ACS web site.)