Kathleen,
   I would like a copy of you usage statistics information.  Thank you in
advance.

Lola

Lola H. Purvis, M.L.I.S, C.L.I.S          318-473-3563
Medical Library                                   FAX: 318-473-3489
Rapides Regional Medical Center      [log in to unmask]
Box 30101, 211 4th St.
Alexandria, LA   71301

----------
> From: Kathleen Furukawa <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Usage statistics
> Date: Wednesday, July 01, 1998 10:35 AM
>
>  Meddlibbers,
>   We have been thinking of ways to get usage statistics on unbound
journals.  We use the Dynix system, once the journals are bound, we  have a
barcode on each bound volume and wand in the volume each time  it is
reshelved.  No problem.  We are interested in captureing that  data for
unbound issues.
>   One idea presented was to have a barcode for each active title not
attached to an item, but just to the title in a notebook at the  terminal
and each time an issue is reshelved wand that barcode.  Has  anyone used
this method?  What do you think?  Does it destroy the  integrety of the
catalog (as suggested by our cataloger)?  Do any of  you have a better
method?