C++ ? Interesting. Are they actually teching component oriented design or
are they just using MSVC as the compiler for the intial procedural
introduction? I would be surprised if they are introducing object
orientation so early... But then, smalltalk was orginally meant to be used
for teaching young children to program, so I suppose it could work.

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Mike Flynn wrote:

> At 06:08 PM 8/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >It's spam my freind. Replies just waste your time.
> >

> Well I didn't think this was a very well-known list.. and as such, I
> figured the members were all students at UVM.  And I didn't think a ton of
> people were subscribed.  Thus, I figured a reply wouldn't be a waste of
> time.  :-)
>
> >But seeing as their is now some traffic on the list, whats going on
> >people? A new semester begins in a few weeks, we might as well get on the
> >ball... I thought that assiging CSSA contacts to new computer science
> >students was a neat idea. Was that something the CS department
> >sponsered/aided and if so -- details.
> >

> Well, I e-mailed Wesley Alan Wright about this deal with upgrading the UVM
> Web Pages and system, but he has yet to reply.. I e-mailed him about a week
> ago.  I'd really like to help on this, if anyone knows anything.
>
> On another (pretty random) note.. I am TA'ing CS 21 next semester, but they
> changed the curriculum from C to Microsoft Visual C++, which I don't really
> know, so I am trying to cram as much as I can before classes start.  :-)
>
> -Mike
>
> -=Mike Flynn=- 2nd year UVM - mailto:[log in to unmask] ICQ:1055744
> Homepage: http://accelerator.net/home/
> "Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future.
> With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded.
> All we need to do is make sure we keep talking." -Stephen Hawking

                   this IS the state of nature.